Default general player settings
With General Settings you can set default player behaviors, a default ad, or a default IP Whiterange for players in your sub-group.
From the Content menu, click Defaults.
Set general settings under the General tab:
Default player behaviors
Toggle the ON/OFF switches to turn on or off the features below, then click Save Changes.
- Autoplay: This causes the video to play automatically when the player loads.
Note: Learn here which embed methods support autoplay.
- Disable pausing: Prevent viewers from pausing the video.
- Mute by default: Mute the player by default. Viewers will have to unmute it to hear audio.
- Show "Up Next": A small box displays on the player in the final 5 seconds of the video, showing which video is up next in the playlist.
- Sharing Page: Enables the player's sharing page.
- Comments on sharing page: Allows viewers to comment on a player's sharing page.
- Hide Playlist: Hides the playlist button on the player so viewers can not expand and toggle through the playlist.
- Disable Default Events: Your Default Events will not be added to new players.
- Disable Legacy Mode: If enabled, new players will not load in unsupported browsers. Otherwise, the player will play with limited functionality.
Learn about how Vidyard players act in unsupported browsers.
Default Player IP Range Whitelist
A default Player IP Range Whitelist allows you to can prevent visitors outside of the specified IP range from watching your Vidyard players. You can set a default whitelisted IP range here, which will be applied to all future players.
- To set a default Player IP Range Whitelist, enter a specific IP address or specify a block of IP addresses using CIDR notation. (E.G. 127.0.0.1/24)
- Click Add.
- Optionally, Configure Player Style or Advanced Options before you save.
- Click Save Changes.