Create a popout event
Popout Events allow you to keep viewers moving forward through your content on a path that you control. It also stops them from straying off the path, which can happen if they are allowed to click out of your content or be lead away by ads or related videos that aren’t yours.
Here's a basic view of what a Popout Event will look like:
- In your chosen player navigate to the Events tab, then select the video where you want to place your events.
- Click +Add Event.
- Click Popout, then click +Add Event.
- The Popout Event will appear on the Event timeline, and the Event configuration section will appear.
- Either enter a start and end time, or drag the blue tabs on the timeline to select the timeframe in your video where you would like the Event to appear. If you want the Event to appear Pre or Post-Roll, drag the event to the Pre or Post position on the timeline.
- Use the WYSIWYG Editor to create your event body. You can quickly add text fields, forms, and social sharing buttons using the Event Builder button. Learn more about the Event Builder here.
Note: WYSIWYG is the name for a widget that lets you edit text without using HTML code. It stands for "What You See Is What You Get," because it shows you exactly what your text will look like. You can also edit the HTML in the source code area.
- Set the transparency and width of the Event.
- Toggle the options switches to ON or OFF to determine the following:
Display Once: The Event will be displayed a single time per player load
New Contact: The Event will display for users we have not cookied.
Prefill form: If the viewer has filled the form in the past, the form will be filled if they load the player again.
Skippable: The Event will have a ‘Skip’ option on the top right.
Leave Open: The Event will remain open for the remainder of the video, and will stay open after the video has finished playing.
- If you would like to preview your saved Event, simply play the video in the preview panel.
- Toggle the Publish switch to ON for this Event to be active upon saving. Keep it on OFF if you want the Event to remain a draft after saving.
- Click Save.