Create an email gate for your video
Adding an email gate to your players is one of the simplest ways to turn unknown viewers into known leads by collecting a viewer’s email address upfront, before they see the content. This allows Vidyard to associate that email address with their view data so you can follow up with them based on their level of engagement.
You can add an email gate to an individual player, or use a default event to add the same email gate to all the players in your group.
This article shows you how to add an email gate to an individual player.
Step 1: Go to your player's event
From the Content menu click Players.
Hover your cursor over the player and click Events.
In Events, select the video where you want to place your events.
Step 2: Add a lead capture event
- Click +Add Event.
- Click Lead Capture, then click +Add Event.
Step 3: Create the email form
- The Vidyard form builder will appear. By default you will see the Email option in Current Fields.
- Toggle the Send emails to switch to ON and enter an email address if you want an email notification of form submissions.
- Click Done.
- Optionally, add styling in the Event Builder.
- Click Generate.
Step 4: Move the event to pre-roll
- Use the blue handle to place the event at pre roll in the timeline.
Step 5: Toggle final settings
- Toggle Skippable, Display Once, and New Contact to OFF.
Step 6: Save and publish
- Toggle Published to ON, then click Save.