How to set up Google Single Sign-On (SSO) for your Video Hub
You can set up Google Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication for your Vidyard Video Hub and even have your Hub accessible from the G Suite (Google Apps for Work) App menu. This allows you to provide a secure, easy-to-access, and centralized location for all your internal Vidyard players - even a Live stream channel!
There are two requirements to set up SSO on your video hub:
- A company G Suite (Google Apps for Work) account
- A Vidyard Video Hub (if you do not have a Hub you can request one in the Feature Store.)
Set up Google SSO authentication for a Video Hub
- Open Hubs in the Vidyard menu and click Edit next to the Hub for which you want to set up SSO.
Note: If you haven't set up a Video Hub yet, learn how here.
- Click the Security tab for your Hub.
- Click the Manage Users drop-down list and select Single Sign-On (SAML 2.0). Keep this page open for now.
- In a separate browser tab, go to your Admin Console in Google and click Apps.
- Select SAML Apps.
- Click Enable SSO for a SAML application.
- Click Set up my own Custom App.
- Copy the following information from the Google IdP Information window and paste it into the corresponding Vidyard Hubs SSO fields:
- Copy from Google field: SSO URL, Paste into Vidyard field: SAML Endpoint URL
- Copy from Google field: Entity ID, Paste into Vidyard field: Audience URL
- In the Google IdP information window, under Option 1, click Download Certificate.
- A .pem file will be downloaded. Click on this file and open it with a text editor program. (Eg: TextEdit or NotePad)
- Copy all of the text in the downloaded certificate that you just opened, including "Begin Certificate" and "End Certificate".
- Switch back to your Vidyard Hubs SSO tab and paste all of the text from step 11 into the x.509 certificate box in Vidyard. Click Save Changes.
- On your Google page, add a name, description, and logo for the App, then click Next.
- In your Vidyard Video Hub security tab, copy the ACS URL, then switch back to your Google page and paste it into Google's ACS URL field.
- Next, go back to your Vidyard Video Hub security tab, copy the Audience URL, then switch back to your Google page and paste it into Google's Entity ID field.
- Leave Start URL blank and Signed Response unchecked, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Now that your app is configured, click the 3 dot-menu and select ON for everyone to enable the app for your whole organization.
- The app will now provide secured access to the Vidyard Video Hub. If the Hub URL is shared externally, the viewer will be redirected to the Google Login page.