Send a personalized video email using Salesforce
Sending a personalized video email is hands down the most engaging way to make a personal connection with your leads and prospects. When you send a personalized video email your lead will receive an email with a personalized thumbnail linking a copy of your video personalized with their information - and this can all be done from inside Salesforce!
Just like any email sent from Salesforce, Vidyard emails are tracked in the Activity History of the lead or contact. When the recipient views the player, viewership analytics are captured by Vidyard, fed into Salesforce, and tied directly to the individual recipient.
Note: Contact your CSM or Vidyard support if you need to enable any of these features.
To compose a personalized video email, complete the following steps:
- Log into Salesforce.com at https://login.salesforce.com/.
- Open a lead or contact.
- Click Send Video Email.
Check out this article if the Send Video Email is button missing from your contact/lead records.
- You will see the playlist app. Click on Library to select one or more videos to add to your playlist.
- The personalized videos in your account will have a 'personalized' label. Click the personalized video you want to send.
Note: You can only send one personalized video in an email, even if there are multiple personalized videos in your account.
- In the personalized data form, fill out the email address and name of your recipient and click Get my Video!
Note: The personalized video will take some time to render. You can compose your email in the meantime.
- Your selected personalized video will appear as selected in your library. Optionally, you can select other videos to appear in the playlist now too. (But remember, only one personalized video per player).
- Once you've selected your videos, click Choose Videos to Create a Playlist.
- Click on Create to optionally record or upload your own video from your mobile device or computer.
Note: If you've added multiple videos to your playlist, you can re-order them with the up and down arrows.
- To begin sending your message, click Compose Email.
- After entering your Subject and Message, use the click Preview and Send to see what your email will look like.
Note: To copy another contact on this message, use the CC field. (This field will search your contacts as you type).
- Optionally, click Back and use the Change Layout button to determine the positioning of the thumbnail in the email message.
- Click Send to send off your personalized video email!
Once you have sent your email, viewer data will be recorded when the recipient opens the player from the link in the email. Data for each lead or contact will be available individually within Salesforce and additional data for the player will be available in the Vidyard Analytics Center.