Set up Vidyard for Pardot custom object integration
With Vidyard for Pardot, you can connect an individual’s video viewing history to their prospect record in Pardot. Vidyard video analytics let you segment, score and nurture them based on what videos they’ve watched, and for how long.
Once the data is available in Pardot, you can use rules to quickly identify prospects based on their viewing history. For example, generate a list of all prospects that viewed 50% of the explainer video on your homepage.
The work doesn’t stop at marketing. Vidyard enables your sales team by feeding viewing data into the lead or contact record in Salesforce. Your sales reps will have valuable insight into what (and how much) of your video content has been consumed by a lead before picking up the phone. The viewing data is even tracked through the pipeline so you can see which videos are influencing revenue and prove the ROI of your investment in video.
The Vidyard integration for Pardot relies on communication between your Salesforce and Pardot instances to synchronize custom object data from your Salesforce instance into Pardot.
- A Vidyard account
- Vidyard for Salesforce CRM integration option*
- Vidyard for Pardot integration
Note: If you do not have the Pardot integration, contact your Account Manager.
- Salesforce Enterprise, Unlimited or Performance edition
- Administrator access to Salesforce
- Pardot Pro (with custom objects) or Ultimate edition
- Pardot integrated with Salesforce**
- Access to custom objects in Salesforce
- Administrator access to Pardot
Connect Vidyard to Salesforce
Install the Vidyard App for Salesforce
Note: If you would like to install the Vidyard app into your Sandbox Salesforce instance, first complete the steps in our article Install the Sandbox Application Package, then complete the steps below.
Install the Vidyard App for Salesforce
The next step in setting up Vidyard for Salesforce is to install the Vidyard application into your Salesforce environment.
Note: A Salesforce instance can only be integrated with one of your Vidyard groups. It's recommended to sign out of any other Salesforce instances prior to setting up integration.
To install Vidyard for Salesforce, complete the following steps:
- In a web browser, navigate to Vidyard in AppExchange.
- Click Get it Now from the application information page.
- If not already signed into Salesforce, provide your Salesforce.com credentials (must be your Production credentials even if installing in Sandbox).
Note: Our connected app uses OAuth service providers and requires an account configured with OAuth during installation. Using an account configured with Single Sign On (SSO) will fail during install with an error similar to the following:
- Select your environment type: Production or Sandbox (for testing).
- Select the checkbox I have read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- Review the package items and click Continue.
- If required, click Next on the Approve access to the API page.
- On the security access page, select Install for All Users.
- Click Install.
Note: The package installation may take a few minutes. During this time, do not refresh the page or use the back button.
- Click Done on the Installation Complete! notification.
Success! You can now begin configuring Salesforce to use Vidyard.
Connect a Salesforce Account to Vidyard
Linking your Vidyard and Salesforce accounts allows the platforms to exchange data related to your videos.
Note: The account being used to establish the connection needs to be a Salesforce Administrator with the following:
- View All and Modify All Standard Object Permissions for both Contacts and Leads.
- View All and Modify All Custom Object Permissions for Video Views.
To connect your Vidyard account with your Salesforce, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Vidyard dashboard at http://www.secure.vidyard.com/
- In the Group menu, click Integrations.
- Under Integrations, click Salesforce, then Connect a Salesforce Account.
If your Salesforce instance uses login restrictions you may encounter a username/password error and be unable to integrate with Vidyard. As a workaround, change your authentication URL from login.salesforce.com toorgname.my.salesforce.com as shown below:
Change authentication session from:
Change authentication session to:
- You will be prompted by Salesforce to allow the permissions requested by Vidyard. Click Allow.
- Once the accounts are connected, a notification will be displayed.
Connect Vidyard to Pardot
Grant Pardot Access to the Vidyard Custom Object
We will need to grant Pardot access to the Vidyard custom object in Salesforce. This object
is created when Vidyard is linked to Salesforce.
To grant Pardot access to the object, complete the following steps:
- Log into Pardot as an administrator.
- From the Admin menu, select Custom Objects.
- Click Add Custom Object.
- From the CRM Object dropdown list, select vidyard__Video_View__c
- Confirm the remaining fields are as follows:
- Display Name: Video View
- Plural Display Name: Video Views
- Display Field: Name
- Click Create custom object.
Link Pardot to Vidyard
We can now associate your Pardot instance to your Vidyard account. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Log into Vidyard.
- From the Group menu, select Integrations.
- In the Pardot section, provide the username and password for a Pardot administrator account.
- Enter the Pardot User API Key. To find the user API key in Pardot:
- Log into Pardot.
- In the top-right corner, hover over the account name and click Settings.
- Under My User Information, find the API User Key
- If you would like Vidyard to create prospects for you in Pardot for known viewers, enter a Campaign ID. The campaign ID should be obtained from the URL bar of your browser when viewing the campaign in Pardot:
- Click Sync with Pardot.
- Your Pardot organization will be displayed when the sync is successful.
That’s it! Now that you have successfully configured the Vidyard for Pardot integration, you can begin segmenting and scoring your prospects based on their video views.