With Vidyard and Salesforce working together, any Chatter user can easily and securely share a Vidyard player with other Chatter users. You can use the customized Chatter Publisher to access your Vidyard players, or create a new player by uploading video content from your computer or mobile device.
Chatter users without access to Vidyard can upload videos to share in Chatter or share videos they have previously uploaded. Videos uploaded to Chatter are only available to Chatter users and cannot be viewed outside of Salesforce. Vidyard users can remove the Chatter restriction by logging into the Vidyard dashboard and changing the access control settings for a given video player.
To create and share a new player in Chatter from in your browser, complete the following steps:
- Log into Salesforce.
- Open .
- In the Chatter Publisher, click
- Drag a video file into the window or click .
- Once the video has been uploaded, click to upload another video to the player, or click to finish creating the player.
- Optionally, hover on the video and click the gear icon to edit the player’s name and description. Click Players to save your changes.
and go back to
- Optionally, choose who the video will be shared with (e.g. My Followers, Group, etc.).
Note: If your existing Vidyard players are not showing up within Chatter, you may need to ensure you have integrated Salesforce with a Vidyard group that contains players
. Once the video has finished encoding, it will be available for other Chatter users to view.
To create and share a new player in Chatter from in the Salesforce mobile app, complete the following steps:
- Open the Salesforce1 app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to your Chatter feed.
in the share menu at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Post Video screen, you can add a player from your Vidyard account, or create a new player:
To add a player from your Vidyard account:
Search or scroll to find a video. Click to select the video you want to add. The selected video will be highlighted green.
To add a new player:
Click to record a video from your smartphone, right into a Vidyard player.
Click to select a video file from your mobile device.
Once your file is selected, or video is recorded, click
- Once your video is selected or added, optionally write a message about the video, then click
- Your video will be shared to Chatter.