Note: Player settings give you control over each player you create. If you make a change to the player settings, your changes will apply to all current and future embed locations. These settings impact individual players — if you instead want to choose the default settings for your future players, see Default Player Settings.
Find a player's settings
From the Content menu click Players.
Hover your cursor over the player and click
Select Settings tab.in the
Name and description
Add a name and description for your player. This information will be used to organize your content in your Vidyard Platform, and will be visible on your sharing pages and Video Hub if you have one.
Player Name: Add a title for your player. (Character limit: 250)
Player Description: Describe the contents of the player. (Character limit: 5000)
Tag your player
Add tags to organize your content into broad, general categories and associate keywords with your player.
- To add tags, type your player’s tags into the Add New Tags field, and hit . You can do this for as many tags as you want.
Note: Character limit for tags: 100
- Tags for this player will be listed under the Add New Tags field. To remove a tag, click on that tag.
Toggle theswitches to turn on or off the features below, then click .
- Autoplay: This causes the video to play automatically when the player loads.
Note: Learn here which embed methods support autoplay.
- Disable pausing: Prevent viewers from pausing the video.
- Mute by default: Mute the player by default. Viewers will have to unmute it to hear audio.
- Show "Up Next": A small box displays on the player in the final 5 seconds of the video, showing which video is up next in the playlist.
- Sharing Page: Enables the player's sharing page.
- Comments on sharing page: Allows viewers to comment on a player's sharing page.
- Hide Playlist: Hides the playlist button on the player so viewers can not expand and toggle through the playlist.
- Disable Default Events: Your Default Events will not be added to new players.
- Disable Legacy Mode: If enabled, this player will not load in unsupported browsers. Otherwise, the player will play with limited functionality.
Learn about how Vidyard players act in unsupported browsers.
The General Settings section is where your player identifiers live. This includes your Player UUID and your Player ID.
The Player UUID is a unique code for your player which is used in URL's and embed codes to specify which player is being shared. Learn more about how UUID's work here.
The Player ID is the reference code for your player that can be used by developers using the Vidyard Dashboard API.
Once you've made your changes click