You can edit video captions from right within Vidyard! This is a great tool for when you need to make changes to your caption text, or time cues.
Note: If your caption file has complex formatting customization, or major formatting errors, download the file to make your changes instead of using this editor. If you need help troubleshooting a SRT or VTT caption file formatting error, check out our article.
To access Captions
From the Content menu click Videos.
Note: This will reveal your video library. All your uploaded videos are available here.
Hover over the video you want to edit and click Captions.
Note: You can edit the captions themselves, or the captions settings (such as Language Approver and Caption Language).
To edit the captions
beside the Caption you want to edit.
- In the
(1) a preview of the captions
(2) a scrubber bar
(3) a list of the caption cues.
Use the scrubber bar to navigate through the caption timeline and find the cues you want to edit.
tab, you will see:
- Click the cue you want to edit.
- Under the scrubber bar the caption editor will appear. Adjust the start and end time for that cue using the time fields, or buttons, and text for that cue, then click .
- If your captions have content or timestamp errors, the number of cues with errors will be listed above the player preview. Use the All Cues dropdown to select if you want to view the Error cues only.
Note: Not all cue errors can be fixed in the editor. For major formatting errors, download your caption file, correct it, and upload it again. Check out our article on fixing an SRT file for information on how to fix caption file errors.
- If you need to add a cue, click
- After all your edits have been made, click
on the bottom of the screen.
To edit a caption language
- From the Captions tab, click the pencil edit icon beside the caption you want to edit.
- In the Caption Settings lightbox, select a Caption Language from the dropdown list.
- Click .