You can request a transcription of any video with the Request Transcription button.
Owning a video transcription has many benefits, including:
- Improved SEO: Adding a transcript to your sitemap, or as metadata in your page, improves your search ranking and visibility to search engines.
- Accessibility: Owning a text copy of your video's content allows you improve accessibility by generating alternative formats, such as braille or large/high contrast text.
- Localization: A transcription gives you the option to translate the text of your video to other languages to increase your video's reach.
- Closed Captioning: If you use the Request feature to order a transcription of your video, closed captions will be automatically added to your video once the transcription is ready.
Note: Using the Request Transcription service will incur an additional fee onto your account. If you need to access this feature, contact your CSM.
To access captions and transcriptions
From the Content menu click Videos.
Note: This will reveal your video library. All your uploaded videos are available here.
Hover over the video you want to edit and click Captions.
Request a transcription
You can request a transcription of your video using thefeature. Using the service will incur an additional fee onto your account.
, then .
- Using the dropdown menus, select a Source Language and Target Language for your video. (Source Language is the current language of the video, and Target Language is your desired language for the transcription).
Note: A double-charge will occur when requesting a Non-English Source Language to be transcribed in any language which is not the same as the Source.
- Toggle the '
Note: If you do not have the Approver option, contact your Account Manager.
' switch to if you would like the transcription sent to a member of your team for approval. If you select , type the email address of the person you would like to be the Approver for this transcript.
- Optionally, add notes to the transcriber in the Notes field.
Example: "Do not translate these technical terms: ..." or "Please translate all text within the video, rather than the audio".
- If you see the
Note: This feature will incur an additional charge. It is only available for organizations with direct billing for transcription requests.
option, turn it to request that the transcriber identifies speakers in the video.
- Select a turnaround level, noting the delivery date and cost for each level.
Note: If you do not see an associated cost, don't worry - that just means your organization has set up direct billing.
Note: If an Approver was selected, the Approver will receive an email notification to approve the transcript. You can also download the SRT or VTT file for your transcribed video after it is ready.
Note: To Enable or Disable captions in the video player, visit the Advanced Options section of the player settings.
. The transcript will be ordered. The transcript will appear in the Captions list when it is ready.