With Vidyard for Gmail you can easily add a Vidyard video player into a Gmail message, right from inside Gmail! The Vidyard for Gmail Chrome extension gives you the ability to attach videos from your Vidyard groups, upload a new video, or even to record your own video and instantly attach it to your email.
Remember - you can add uploaded videos, videos from your Vidyard video library, and videos you record from your webcam all to the same player. To learn how to upload a video to a Gmail message, follow the steps below.
Note: If you have not installed the Vidyard for Gmail Chrome extension into your Google account, you'll need to do that first.
- In your Gmail account, click to compose a new message.
- Click the V-Bot icon to open the Vidyard extension.
- Click the tab.
. To start recording your video, click .
- Record a personal video message for your prospective customer!
- When you are finished recording, click the recording screen to stop the recording.
- Once you are finished recording, the video you've just recorded will play back so you can review your message. You can click the screen again to skip the preview.
- If you are satisfied with your video message, click
. You can also play the preview again, or re-record your video if you're not quite satisfied with it.
- The video will upload and be added to your video library. Click
Note: The video will be saved to your Vidyard group's guest account. The name of this account will be 'Personal Account' in the Vidyard for Gmail app.
- Add a name and description for the video. Click
- Click and search for your video by its name.
- Click your video to add it to your playlist.
- You can also upload videos or add videos from your Vidyard video library, and put them all in this playlist.
- Click the
Note: All the videos in your playlist will be played in one video player. The order of your playlist will determine the playback order.
icon to remove a video from your playlist, and click the to rearrange the videos in your playlist.
when you are happy with your playlist.
- Your new player will be attached to your email as a linked thumbnail. That's it, you're ready to go - finish writing your new email and send it off!
- When your viewer clicks the thumbnail link, the player will open in a sharing page. Any videos you added to the playlist will be played in this player.
As soon as your viewer clicks the video, you'll get an email from Vidyard with all the info on your viewer's engagement that you need to help you close the deal!