With Vidyard for Outlook, you can easily add a Vidyard video player into an email, right from inside Outlook! Vidyard for Outlook gives you the ability to attach videos from your Vidyard groups, upload a new video, or even to record your own video and instantly attach it to your email.
Remember - you can add videos from your Vidyard video library, uploaded videos, or videos you record from your webcam all to the same player. To learn how to upload a video to an Outlook message with Vidyard, follow the steps below.
Note: If you have not installed Vidyard for Outlook, you'll need to do that first.
- In Outlook click to compose a new message.
- Click the Vidyard tab, then click
- Log into Vidyard in the panel that opens on the right side of your message.
Note: If you see a message that says 'Feature Disabled', contact Vidyard to enable the Vidyard for Outlook feature.
to access the Vidyard video uploader.
- Click Upload tab. Select your video file to begin the upload.
- The video will upload, and be added to your playlist. The video encoding screen will display (this optimizes the video file so your viewer will get the best playback experience). Once the video has finished encoding, it's ready to send.
- While it's encoding, hover your mouse over the video and click the gear icon to give the video a name and description.
- If you want to add more videos to your playlist, you can upload more videos, add videos from your Vidyard video library, or even record a video from your webcam.
- Your videos will now display in your playlist. Hover your mouse over a video and click the arrows to rearrange the videos in your playlist. Click the red
to remove a video.
- In the 3-line menu, toggle Email View Notifications or to subscribe or unsubscribe to email notifications when this player is viewed.
- Once you are satisfied with your playlist, click
to add your player to the email.
- Your new player will be attached to your email as a linked thumbnail. That's it, you're ready to go - finish writing your new email and send it off!
- When your viewer clicks the thumbnail link, the player will open in a sharing page. Any videos you added to the playlist will be played in this player.
If you subscribed to viewing notifications, when clicks the video, you'll get an email from Vidyard with all the info on your viewer's engagement that you need to help you close the deal!