On occasion, it may be necessary to re-authorize the Salesforce OAuth connection to Vidyard. Vidyard relies on the Salesforce OAuth workflow to maintain a connection between your Vidyard and Salesforce organizations. This connection uses a refresh token to obtain a new OAuth token. If the refresh token becomes invalid, you will need to reconnect Vidyard to your Salesforce account. You can do this by completing the following steps:
- Log into the Vidyard dashboard.
- From the Group menu, click .
- In the Salesforce section, click .
- Click .
- You will be prompted by Salesforce to allow the permissions requested by Vidyard. Click .
- Once the accounts are connected, a notification will be displayed and your OrgID will be displayed.
Note: When performing these steps to resync your Salesforce and Vidyard accounts, it is not necessary to do anything with the app in Salesforce. Once the accounts are reconnected, the app will resume functioning.
In order to minimize the chances of this occurring, it is suggested that you prevent refresh tokens from being revoked for the Vidyard app.
- In Salesforce, go to Setup.
- Under Manage Apps, click .
- Find Vidyard in the list and click .
- Under OAuth Policies, look at the Refresh Token Policy to ensure it is set to "Refresh token is valid until revoked"
If Salesforce is already configured to keep refresh tokens until they are revoked, it is advised to contact Salesforce support to determine how the refresh tokens are being revoked in your Salesforce instance.