Welcome to ViewedIt Enterprise!
You now have access to the simplest way to make a personal connection with your contacts. In just a few clicks you can record a webcam or screen recording video, which then instantly opens in a sharing page where you can immediately watch and send your video. No download, uploads, or fancy embeds required!
By the end of this article you'll be ready to create, send, and track video emails - all with just a few clicks!
In this article you will:
- Set up ViewedIt Enterprise
- Meet ViewedIt Enterprise: Learn how to create, send, and track video emails
- An invitation to join ViewedIt Enterprise from your Vidyard admin
- A Chrome browser
Set up ViewedIt Enterprise
1. Accept your invitation to ViewedIt Enterprise
After your ViewedIt Admin invites you, you will receive an email invitation asking you to confirm that you wish to join ViewedIt.
- If you have already accepted the invitation - great! You can move on to step 2.
- If you have not accepted, go to your ViewedIt invitation email and accept the invitation.
- If you don't have an email, ask your Vidyard admin to add you as a ViewedIt user.
2. Install and sign into the ViewedIt Chrome Extension
- Time to Install the ViewedIt Chrome extension! Go to the Chrome Store ViewedIt listing.
, and install the ViewedIt Chrome extension.
- Sign into the Chrome extension using the same work email address where you received your ViewedIt Enterprise invitation.
- Open a new message in Gmail. Click the arrow in the bottom right corner of your new message and ensure that 'Plain text mode' is not checked.
- You're done! Time to try ViewedIt out!
3. Meet ViewedIt Enterprise
ViewedIt Enterprise allows you make a video recording of your screen or webcam, then instantly send that video in a Gmail message. You also easily send and marketing videos along with your personal message to make sure you're sending the highest quality and most personal video messages possible.
There are two main tools where you will use ViewedIt Enterprise:
- The ViewedIt icon in your Chrome browser is where you will:
- Create and record new videos
- See a feed of who's watched your videos
- Get a quick look at your library of ViewedIt videos
- The ViewedIt video library in your Gmail messages is where you will:
- Access your ViewedIt videos and video resources from your company
- Create a list of which videos to send in your video email
To get you familiar with your tools, let's try recording, sending, and tracking a video right now. Just follow these simple steps:
Everything you need to create and send personal, engaging videos to prospects and leads is contained in the ViewedIt Chrome extension.
- Think about who you want to send this video to. Need some ideas? Try one of these:
- Send a video to your colleague or manager to show off your swanky new video skills!
- Have an outstanding support ticket with a vendor? Record a quick video showing the problem!
- Is your father always calling you to ask for those recipes he loves? Record a video to show him how to use "the Google" to search for them!
- This is just a test, so have fun with it!
Tip: The splash screen for your video (which is the thumbnail, or still image displayed before a viewer clicks) has a big impact on enticing your viewer to click. This image is selected from the first second or so of the video. Try something eye-catching in that first second to entice your prospects to click! We love to write the name of the recipient on a whiteboard - it only takes an extra second before you record, and it gives that extra personal touch!
- To start recording a video, click the ViewedIt icon in the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Select what kind of video you want to record. Your options include:
- Tab: Records only the one tab that you currently have open.
- Screen: Records your entire screen, allowing you to move between tabs, or between applications.
- Cam only: A webcam-only recording where your face occupies the entire screen. Your screen is not recorded in this mode.
- Mic: Keep this on to record audio in your video. Turn it off for a video with no sound.
- Cam: Turn this on to include your face in Tab or Screen recordings. Turn if off to make a screen-only recording.
- When you're ready to record, click Record. You will see a 3-second countdown, then your recording will begin.
- You will see a timer counting how long your video is in the bottom right-hand corner of the video.
Remember - the shorter your video is, the more likely someone is to watch the whole thing!
- When you're video is finished, click the timer to stop your recording.
- After you stop your recording, a sharing page for your video opens in a new tab.
- Click the pencil icon to give your video a snappy name!
- Note: If you're not happy with your video you can click Delete and start again.
This video sharing page is public and ready to share.
To quickly share the video:
- Click Social to share the video via Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
- Click Copy Link to copy the URL for this sharing page to your clipboard.
- Click Gmail to add this video to a new email in Gmail.
To send this video, along with other videos from your company:
Tip: The best way to make a personal connection AND provide the best quality of information is to include in your playlist both your customized video greeting, and marketing or sales videos showing off your product.
- Open a New Message in Gmail.
- Add the email address of your recipient into the To line.
- Click the ViewedIt icon in your new message. This will open your video library, where you can create custom video playlists from both your personal ViewedIt videos, and videos shared across your business.
- Click + to add videos to your playlist. Videos in your playlist will appear in the right-hand column. You can click the arrows to re-order the videos in the playlist.
- When you are ready to attach your videos to the email, click Insert.
- A linked thumbnail image of your video will appear on the email. When clicked, viewers will be taken to a separate sharing page to watch the video. All the videos in your playlist will play in this same player.
- Now you're ready to write your message and send the email!
ViewedIt Enterprise tracks how much of your videos that your viewers watch, then gives you that information so you can follow up with the most engaged leads.
There are two quick ways to see who is watching your videos:
- You will receive an email notification when known viewers watch videos that you sent from Gmail.
- You can track the performance of all your videos in the ViewedIt Chrome extension Feed. Click the Chrome extension to see!
Tip: When a viewer has watched the majority of the video you sent, they're definitely worth following up! However, if a viewer didn't watch at all it may not be worth your time.
Furthermore, if your organization has integrated with a CRM or marketing automation tool, like Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, or HubSpot, this viewing data will be pushed into your contact or lead records.