Why am I just seeing a green spinning wheel?
The ViewedIt extension or the video sharing page will display a loading status by showing a green spinning wheel. This status is mostly seen right after a recording while the share page of a new video is being encoded. It can also be seen right after clicking on the ViewedIt icon while the menu is loading.
You noticed that the green circle is spinning indefinitely.
This issue typically happens when there is a communication problem between Google Chrome and the ViewedIt extension. Either one of them or both could be stuck in a bad state.
a) Reloading the ViewedIt extension.
- Click on the ViewedIt Extension in the upper right-hand corner of your browser to open it.
- Select the Gear icon to the right of the Videos tab
- Scroll down to the Troubleshooting section and select ReloadTry to do a test recording now. If you're still experiencing an issue, try restarting Chrome by following the steps below.
b) Restarting Chrome.
- In Windows, simply click the red X on the top right to close Chrome and then relaunch it.
- For a Mac, you need to do a "hard quit" because Chrome in a Mac remains on an active status even when you close it. This is indicated by a dot under Chrome's icon at the dock.
- To do a hard quit with Chrome, you can right-click on the icon and select Quit, or you can do this by pressing Cmd+Q.
If troubleshooting exhausted, try it on a different machine. There could be a problem on the machine itself.