Add a default lead capture event
Important: this article refers to events in Vidyard under the previous legacy experience.
If you have not upgraded to the new Events Library, speak with your Customer Success Manager for further information. If you are looking for information about events under the new experience, see our updated documentation.
Default Events allow you to add Events to all the players across the group. Learn more about how default events work here.
Find Default Events
- In the Content menu, click Defaults.
- Click the Default Events tab.
Add a default lead capture event
Lead Capture Events allow you to capture information about who your viewers are. It can be used to associate views with view identity, and to push information into your Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) form.
Note: The following fields are automatically passed to your integrated MAP (assuming MAP cookie is present):
Salesforce: Email, First Name, Last name, Company
Marketo: Any field present in your MAP.
Oracle Eloqua: Email, First Name, Last Name, Company, City, Business Phone, Address 1, Address 2, Address 3, Fax, Mobile Phone, Title, Sales Person
Hubspot: Any field present in your MAP.
Pardot: Any field present in your MAP.
Act-on: Any field present in your MAP.
(Additional fields will be linked over time, and this list kept updated.)
Here's a basic view of what a Lead Capture Event will look like:
- Click + Add Event.
- Select a timeframe for your Event:
- Pre-Roll event will display before the first video in your playlist begins.
- Custom Time allows you to set a consistent time for the event to play during video playback.
Note: Custom Time events will play on every video in a playlist. If the video is shorter than the set custom time, the event will not display.
- Post-Roll will display after the last video in your playlist ends.
- Click Next.
- Click Lead Capture, then click + Add Event.
- A Form Builder will appear:
- Under Field, type the field name.
- If needed, type the field ID for this field (useful for forms pushing data into other systems).
- Click + Add Field to add your field into the form.
- Optionally, click + Default Fields to add the four standard fields into your form: Email, First Name, Last Name, Company.
- If you want form submissions to be sent to an email address, toggle Send emails to ON and enter an email.
- Click Done to add your form to the Event Builder.
- You can remove or rearrange elements on the Event Builder using the arrow and trashcan icons.
- Once you are happy with the design and layout, click Generate.
- If you selected Custom Time, use the time indicator to select what time the event will appear at.
- Use the Editor area to create your event body. You can quickly add text fields, forms, and social sharing buttons using the Event Builder button. Learn more about the Event Builder here.
Note: You can also edit the HTML in the Source code area.
- Set the transparency of the Event.
- Toggle the options switches to ON or OFF to determine the following:
Display Once: The Event will be displayed a single time per player load
New Contact: The Event will display for users we have not cookied.
Prefill form: If the viewer has filled the form in the past, the form will be filled if they load the player again.
Skippable: The Event will have a Skip option on the top right.
- If you would like to preview your saved Event, simply play the video in the preview panel.
- Toggle the Publish switch to ON for this Event to be active upon saving. Keep it on OFF if you want the event to remain a draft after saving.
- Click Save.
- After you save the Event it will appear in the Default Events list. Click Preview to see the Event text, and the Edit icon to edit the event.