Place a Marketo form in a Vidyard event
- You need to have the Marketo integration to use this feature. To learn more about the Marketo integration, contact your customer success manager.
- The Vidyard player that contains your form Marketo form must be embedded on a webpage with a Marketo cookie in order for the data to pass between the two platforms.
Create a Marketo Form
- From the Vidyard dashboard, navigate to the Event Library by clicking Content > Events
- Click + New Event
- From the Event Type menu, select Marketo Form > Create
- You will need to login to Marketo to obtain your Marketo Form ID and Server Name. Both of these can be found in your Marketo Form Embed Code.
- Your Marketo Form ID is a numeric value found after <form id="mktoForm_.
- Your Marketo Server Name is found between // and .marketo.com.
- Enter your Marketo Server Name and Marketo Form ID into the required fields, then click Apply.
- Provide your event with a name and description. Use these fields to indicate what the event does and when it should be used.
- Toggle your Skip Known Lead, Display Once and Skippable options to ON or OFF.
- Skip Known Lead: Skips showing the form to leads who are known to Marketo. When this is switched OFF, the form will pre-fill and be compatible with progressive profiling
- Skippable: Allows viewers to skip the form.
- Display Once: The Event will be displayed a single time per player load.
Note: Using a Marketo form will not suggest that the lead was created by Vidyard.
Assign the Marketo Form to a video(s)
- Click Save, then select the Assign button to apply the form to your video(s)
- Here you can choose which videos to which the Marketo form should be applied
- Whether the form should become a default event for all players within your organization
- The moment at which the Marketo form should appear
- Click + Add Video to begin assigning your event
- Events can be applied to to any video within your group. Click the + button to assign to a video.
- Videos are organized along the left-hand column according to their players
- Use the search bar to find videos according to player name, video name, or tags
- Determine where the event will appear on your selected videos
- Individual videos: adjust the bar for each video separately to select where the event will appear (choose pre-roll, post-roll or anywhere in between)
- All selected videos: alternatively, enable Apply to All to position the event at the same location across all selected videos
- Default Event: apply the event as a default to all videos within your group.
- Click Save to finish.
Note: Modifications to form design and layout are best handled from within the Marketo form editor.
To see your Marketo form in action, open the sharing page for a player that contains a video to which the event has been assigned.