Place a Marketo form in a Vidyard event
Important: this article refers to events in Vidyard under the new Events Library experience.
If you have not upgraded to the new Events Library, speak with your Customer Success Manager for further information. If you are looking for information about events under the previous experience, see our prior documentation
- You need to have the Marketo integration to use this feature. To learn more about the Marketo integration, contact your customer success manager.
- The Vidyard player that contains your form Marketo form must be embedded on a webpage with a Marketo cookie in order for the data to pass between the two platforms.
Create a Marketo Form
- From the Vidyard dashboard, navigate to the Event Library by clicking Content > Events
- Click + New Event
- From the Event Type menu, select Marketo Form > Create
- You will need to login to Marketo to obtain your Marketo Form ID and Server Name. Both of these can be found in your Marketo Form Embed Code.
- Your Marketo Form ID is a numeric value found after <form id="mktoForm_.
- Your Marketo Server Name is found between // and .marketo.com.
- Enter your Marketo Server Name and Marketo Form ID into the required fields, then click Apply.
- Provide your event with a name and description. Use these fields to indicate what the event does and when it should be used.
- Toggle your Skip Known Lead, Display Once and Skippable options to ON or OFF.
- Skip Known Lead: Skips showing the form to leads who are known to Marketo. When this is switched OFF, the form will pre-fill and be compatible with progressive profiling
- Skippable: Allows viewers to skip the form.
- Display Once: The Event will be displayed a single time per player load.
Note: Using a Marketo form will not suggest that the lead was created by Vidyard.
Assign the Marketo Form to a video(s)
- Click Save, then select the Assign button to apply the form to your video(s)
- Here you can choose which videos to which the Marketo form should be applied
- Whether the form should become a default event for all players within your organization
- The moment at which the Marketo form should appear
- Click + Add Video to begin assigning your event
- Events can be applied to to any video within your group. Click the + button to assign to a video.
- Videos are organized along the left-hand column according to their players
- Use the search bar to find videos according to player name, video name, or tags
- Determine where the event will appear on your selected videos
- Individual videos: adjust the bar for each video separately to select where the event will appear (choose pre-roll, post-roll or anywhere in between)
- All selected videos: alternatively, enable Apply to All to position the event at the same location across all selected videos
- Default Event: apply the event as a default to all videos within your group.
- Click Save to finish.
Note: Modifications to form design and layout are best handled from within the Marketo form editor.
To see your Marketo form in action, open the sharing page for a player that contains a video to which the event has been assigned.