Vidyard GoVideo Rich Publisher app for Salesforce Lightning Communities
With the addition of rich publishing functionality in Salesforce Lightning Communities, we've extended the ecosystem of GoVideo-enabled apps into the hands of your community members.
Use the GoVideo Rich Publisher app to facilitate a deeper interaction between Lightning Community members. Bring posts to life by creating new recordings from directly within the text editor or by sharing existing video content from your GoVideo library.
This article contains both the link to install the GoVideo Rich Publisher app as well as instructions on how to enable the app in your Lightning Communities.
- You must have a Salesforce Lightning Community that supports rich publisher applications
- You Lightning Community must use the Feed Publisher component as part of the layout
- Salesforce permissions to install packages
- Although Lightning Communities and the Salesforce Lightning Experience use the same underlying framework, they are not dependent upon one another. Lightning Communities utilize lightning components to build out-of-the-box layouts and templates. They do not require use of the CRM Lightning Experience. Please refer to Salesforce documentation for further information.
- Due to a technical limitation from Salesforce, the GoVideo Rich Publisher app is not supported in Lightning Communities on mobile.
Install and enable the GoVideo app
- Install the GoVideo Rich Publisher package into Salesforce
- If prompted, log in to Salesforce
- Select Install for All Users, then Install
- Enable the GoVideo Rich Publisher app for your Lightning Community
- From the Salesforce Classic dashboard, select Setup > Customize > Communities > All Communities
- Select Workspaces next to the Lightning Community for which you want the app enabled
- Click on Administration > Rich Publisher Apps
- Select and move Vidyard Rich Publisher from the list of available apps into the Selected Apps column
- Click Save
Note: The GoVideo Rich Publisher app must be enabled for each Lightning Community in which you intend for it to be used.
Using the GoVideo app
Click on the Camera Icon in your Lightning Community feed to launch GoVideo. If prompt, log in to the application or create an account
- Click on New Video to create a recording
- Select one or more videos from your existing library
- If you are part of a GoVideo Enterprise organization, toggle between groups to combine videos from across your company's departments, teams, and use cases.
- Click Insert to post into the Lightning Community Feed