You can add Vidyard videos in AEM wherever there is a container element that lists the Vidyard App Player as an allowed component. This includes pages, templates, experience fragments or other components.
Add videos to your AEM content
There are 2 ways to add videos to your web content in AEM. You can either:
- Select the video from your library via the Vidyard app component
- Enter a video's UUID (unique identifier) in the Vidyard app component's property settings
Adding videos from your library
- Click and drag the Vidyard App Player into the container where you want to embed a video
- You can also select + (insert component) on a new or existing container, then choose Vidyard App Player
- Once added to a container, your video library becomes available on the page
- Select Preview to interact with the library and sign in to Vidyard (if you do not already have an existing session).
- If you are using Vidyard in AEM for the first time, you will prompted to authorize the application to access your Vidyard account. Review and authorize access to continue.
- Select a video from your library that you want to embed. You can also select multiple videos to combine into a playlist
- Click on Folders to select videos from additional content folders that your Vidyard user has access to
- Select Insert to add the video(s). The video takes the place of your library in the component on the page
Adding videos by UUID
You can add a video to the component using a UUID (a video's unique identifier). You can find the UUID for a video in your Vidyard account.
- Add the Vidyard App Player to a container
- Select Configure (the wrench icon) on the component
- Enter the UUID of a video into the field to add it to the page
- Select Done to finish
Enable embedding for the video in Vidyard
Before you can view the video in Preview mode or on a published webpage, you need to ensure that embeds are permitted for the video in Vidyard. Without the embed setting enabled, the video cannot playback on a webpage.
Each Vidyard account has an allotted number of videos that can be made embeddable. An admin in Vidyard can reference the allotment associated with your subscription on the account's Billing page (Admin > Billing).
Note: If your account has an unlimited number of embeds, then the embed setting is automatically turned on for each video in your account and this step is not required.
To enable the embed setting on a video:
- Sign in to your Vidyard account in a new browser tab to locate the video in your library
- Alternatively, open the overflow menu next to a video in the Vidyard library component. Then, select Edit in Vidyard to go directly to the video in your account
Tip: You can copy the video's UUID from the component in AEM to quickly locate the video in Vidyard using the library's search feature. In Edit mode, select Configure (the wrench icon) on the Vidyard component. From there, copy the video’s UUID.
Configure properties for the video in AEM
There are several properties that you can configure on a video once the Vidyard App Player has been added to a component in AEM.
- Select Configure (the wrench icon) on the Vidyard App Player to edit properties
- Adjust any of the video settings (described below)
- When finished, select Done
Here's a breakdown of the component's configurable properties:
Unique identifier for the video. You change the embedded video by entering any valid UUID from your library into this field.
Adds alt text to the video thumbnail’s
Is Light Box
Changes the embed type from an inline video to a lightbox.
A lightbox loads the video in the center of the screen, dimming all other elements on the page.
Video Starts Type
Determine how you want the video to start playing:
Video settings that you can change in Vidyard
Outside of the properties that you can configure on the Vidyard component in AEM, all other settings that apply to your video are managed in Vidyard. For example:
- how to change your video thumbnail
- how to change your video's design settings (colors, player controls, re-sharing options, playback behavior)
- how to change your video's access settings (who can watch this video--everyone, only those with a password?, etc.)
- how to add Actions (CTAs) to your video
- how to add captions to your video
Sign in to Vidyard in a new browser tab to edit videos in your library. Or, select Edit in Vidyard in the library component to go directly to the video's settings.