Need to apply the same Action across multiple videos? You can set any Action in your library as a default so that it applies consistently to all videos within the same folder.
Default Actions are ideal if the videos within a folder all serve a common purpose. For example:
- You want all of your how-to support videos to end with a link to your Help Center
- You want any videos from your Sales team to include a CTA for viewers to schedule a meeting
Change folders to access a different list of Actions
All Actions live within the context of a folder. Before you set a Default Action, change into the folder with the videos that you want the Action to apply to.
If the Action that you want to set as a default does not already live in the same folder, you will have to create a new Action.
- From your library, select the folder that you want to switch into
- Select the Actions icon to open the list of Actions for the folder
Set an Action as the default for the folder
- Select the Actions icon from the main menu
- If necessary, use the Change Folder button to access the list of Actions in a different folder
- Open the menu next to an Action, then select Assign
- Switch the Default Action toggle to ON
- Select PRE for the default Action to appear before your videos start
- Select POST for the default Action to appear after your videos finish
- Alternatively, enter a numerical value in the Start box to indicate a specific second for the Action to appear during playback
Exempt specific videos from Default Actions
You can choose to exempt specific videos from your Default Actions. When the Default Actions setting for a video is turned OFF, any Actions set as a default within the folder will no longer apply.
- Select a video from your library to open the edit page
- Select Settings, then click on Edit under Player Design
Note: If the Edit button instead says Override that means the video inherits its default settings from the folder. Selecting Override opts the video out from the default settings.
- Open the Playback Behavior menu, then toggle Default Actions to OFF
What happens if a Default Action overlaps with another Action?
If a Default Action overlaps with the position of an existing Action on a video, the existing Action takes precedence.
You can always remove an existing Action from the video if you want the Default Action to appear instead.
How Default Actions apply to playlists
When you add an Action to a video, the Action will also appear in any playlists where the video is included. The same is true of Default Actions.
The position that you choose for a Default Action (pre, mid or post-roll) determines how it gets applied to any playlists in the folder.
Here's a breakdown of how the position of the Default Action translates to where it appears in a playlist.
|Pre-roll (before)||the Action appears before the start of the first video in a playlist|
|Mid-roll (during)||the Action appears at the chosen time for each video in the playlist|
|Post-roll (after)||the Action appears at the end of the last video in a playlist|
You can always select a playlist from your library to review a timeline of the various videos and where your Actions appear:
- Select a playlist from your library to open the edit page
- Scroll down to the Actions section to review where your Actions appear in the playlist
- To make any changes, open the menu next to an Action and select Edit. This will take you to edit the video that the Action has been added to.