So you've created and designed an event to command the content journey and drive customer engagement. Now it's time to send your event out into the world.
Use the Event Library to assign an event to one or more videos within your group:
- Determine where in the video(s) your event should appear
- Apply the event as a default to all videos in your group
Assign an event
Once your event is complete, assign it to videos within your organization.
- Select the Assign button in the top, left-hand corner of the event editor
- You can also assign an event from the library overview page. Select the Advanced dropdown menu next to an event, then click Assign.
- Click + Add Video to begin assigning your event
- Events can be applied to any video within your group. Click the + button to assign to a video.
- Videos are organized along the left-hand column according to their players
- Use the search bar to find videos according to player name, video name, or tags
- Determine where the event will appear on your selected videos
- Individual videos: adjust the bar for each video separately to select where the event will appear (choose pre-roll, post-roll or anywhere in between)
- All selected videos: alternatively, enable Apply to All to position the event at the same location across all selected videos
- Default Event: apply the event as a default to all videos within your group.
- Click Save to finish.
Note: if the video in your player (or the last video within a playlist) contains a post-roll event, ensure that the viewer can either close or skip the event. This will allow any On Player Completion settings to continue once the event has completed.
See our documentation on general player settings to learn more about player behavior options.
When assigning an event to videos within your group, you can choose to make an event a default. Default events behave in specific ways:
- Default events apply to the videos within all current and newly created players
- Deleting a default event removes it from all videos within your group
- The position of a default event determines how it behaves in a playlist
Position Behavior Pre-roll Default event appears at the beginning of the first video in a playlist Post-roll Default event appears at the end of the last video in a playlist Mid-roll Default event appears at the selected location across all videos in a playlist
- If a default event is assigned to a video at the same location as an existing event, the existing event takes precedence