Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
Creating roles within a Vidyard group allows you to control the permissions of different groups of users. This can help you to delegate specific responsibilities to different sets of users.
When it comes to aligning Vidyard to your internal corporate structure, it is important to consider the roles and associated permissions for those involved in controlling the scope of your Vidyard account as well as the player customization and publishing abilities.
Vidyard offers a variety of permissions so they can be tailored for any you might need!
View and manage role permissions
- From the Vidyard dashboard, click Admin > Groups and Users
- Click Manage next to the group whose permissions you would like to configure.
- Click Options, then Edit Permissions to view permissions for a particular role.
- On the Editing Permissions for User page you will see a list of possible permissions for that role. Toggle the switches ON or OFF to determine the permissions for that role.
- Once you have finished defining the permissions for that role, click Save.
Enables the player creation wizard (+ New Player) on the Vidyard dashboard. The + New Player button allows users to:
- Create players in Vidyard by uploading videos from their computer and from their existing video library
- Upload videos from YouTube
- Create a Livestream player or 360 Video player (dependent upon the Vidyard Live and 360 Video features are enabled for your group)
Enables a suite of settings and configuration options for Vidyard players. Users will have:
- Ability to delete players
- Access to the video library for their group (Content > Videos)
- Access to the Event Library (Content > Events)
- Access to the player settings, security, and thumbnail tab
- Includes the ability to change the player name and description, add tags, custom attributes, and access the Player UUID.
- Player security controls, including option to create passcodes and release scheduling
- thumbnail options, including ability to add or change player thumbnails, perform A/B split tests
- Access to settings at the video level
- Includes ability to change the video name, description and tags
- Change video thumbnails,
- Use video trim options (dependent upon Video trimming feature) as well as create and upload captions (dependent upon Transcriptions feature)
Enables users access to the Add from your computer tab in the player creation wizard (+ New Player)
- The Add from your computer tab allows users to create players from external video sources
- Upload files from computer
- Create camera-only recording from inside the platform
- Upload 360 Video (dependent upon 360 Video feature enabled)
- Live Stream (dependent upon Vidyard Live feature enabled)
- With Upload Videos turned OFF, users can only create new players from existing video content
View Asset Manager
Enables access to the Vidyard Asset Manager (Under Content > All Assets)
- Allows user to apply bulk asset changes to players and videos
View Account History
Enables access a history of asset changes within your account (under Player Settings > Video Tab > View all history for this asset)
- Includes asset history for players, videos, deleted items, hubs, and account activity log
Edit Player Style & Restrictions
Enables additional player settings and configurations for Vidyard players. These are not dependent upon the Edit Players permission.
- Allows user access to the Restrictions options under the player Security tab, including settings for IP whitelists and restricted playback controls
- Allows user access to player design settings, including embed size, colour options, and display caption controls
- Allows user access to player social settings, including general sharing options, a sharing message, control over sharing to specific social media platforms, and viewer access to the player embed code.
- Allows user access to default player settings (Content > Defaults), the ability to set default general, design, social and security behaviors for all players in a group(s).
Notify About New Players
- Allows user to receive an email notification whenever a new player is created
Transfer Players to Groups
- Allows user to transfer players to other groups within your organization
- The user must have this permissions for their role enabled in both the sending and receiving group.
Groups and Users permissions
Manage Single Sign On
Enables users assigned to a role the ability to access and edit Single Sign On configurations for Vidyard.
- Grants access to Single Sign On settings (Groups > Security > Single Sign On)
Join & Edit Sub-group Players
- Grants users assigned to a role within the parent group the ability to access and edit sub-group content
- If turned OFF, users within the parent group can still be added to sub-groups on an individual basis in order to access specific content
View Organizations Assets
- Grants users assigned to a role the ability to see the assets within your organization
- For example, users may see that there are other groups in your organization, as well as the players and videos within those groups
- By default this permission is turned ON for all roles except the GoVideo Users role
Send Govideo Invites
- Configures the role so that anyone invited to join also receives a GoVideo Enterprise invitation
Toggle these permissions to determine the level of over control that users in this role have over platform features. For example, can users edit established integrations? Edit branded sharing pages? View billing for your account?
Create Video Hubs
- Allows users assigned to a role the ability to create video hubs (Channels > Hubs)
Edit Video Hubs
- Allows users assigned a role the ability to edit video hub content
- Includes which players are displayed on a hub
- Video hub design, branding and customization
- Video hub security settings, including Single Sign On and IP Whitelists
- Any active video hub integrations
Push to YouTube
- Allows users to push videos in Vidyard to a connected YouTube channel
- An integration with a YouTube account must be established (Group > Integrations)
- Dependent upon the YouTube Push feature being enabled for the group
Push to Facebook
- Allows users to push videos to a connected Facebook page
- An integration with a Facebook account must be established (Group > Integrations)
- Dependent upon the Facebook Integration feature being enabled for the group
- Allows user to view the plan summary for the Vidyard organization and update payment details (Group > Billing)
- Allows users to request captions for videos as a paid service
Manage GDPR Requests
- Allows users access to the GDPR Requests interface to submit data subject requests (Group > GDPR Requests)
- This permission is enabled by default for all admins in the parent group when the GDPR Compliance feature has been installed.
Don’t forget to click Save when you’re finished!