Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
Social settings allows you to select which re-sharing options are available to your viewers on the player. Sharing options are important because they encourage viewers to re-share your content to their networks, increasing the reach of your message and the potential traffic to your video(s) and webpages.
You can include quick re-share buttons to social sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, or provide access to embed codes for the player, allowing viewers to add your videos to their own webpages.
Social settings can be applied to individual players or as a default setting for all players in a group.
Select a player from your library
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover over the player that you want to edit, then select Settings
- Select the Social tab
Enable social sharing options
- Toggle Social Sharing to ON to select further customize the options available to your viewer
- If enabled, use the toggles for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Email to specify which sharing options are available to the viewer.
- Customize how your video is shared:
- Enter a sharing message to provide a suggested default when viewers re-share your video
- By default, the viewer shares a link to the page where your video is embedded. Toggle Custom Sharing Link to ON and specify a different link for the viewer to share.
Note: the email sharing option uses the viewer's default email client to share the page where the video is embedded. Viewers can manage their default email client in the systems preferences on their computer.
Enable embed codes
Use the Embed Codes toggle to allow viewers to copy the embed code for your player. Viewers with the embed code can add the player to their own webpages.