Personalized video is a paid service that allows you to better connect with prospects, customers, and supporters by weaving unique details about each person into a video.
This article outlines the technical parameters required to produce pre-rendered videos with Vidyard's personalized video API. Pre-rendered videos are typically delivered as part of a batch email campaign. They also support to inclusion of personalized images.
It's important that the guidelines are closely followed. The guidelines ensure that your video will work well our personalization engine and that Vidyard's Professional Services team can handle your project as efficiently as possible.
If you require guidance throughout your project, the Vidyard Professional Services Team is available to consult and answer any questions you may have.
From beginning to end, you'll production team is responsible for:
- Shooting a video with clearly moments where personalization can occur
- Using Adobe After Effects to apply edits, effects, and identify points of personalization
- Submitting the final project to Vidyard for process and rendering
Although you may have an idea of where personalization will occur in your video, consider the following parameters that may ditcate how personalized moments appear:
- Personalized text, images, and audio are supported
- For personalized text: Use uppercase letters for personalized fields where possible. Due to low-case descending letters like “j” or “p”, the font size and positioning may vary between fields with and without descending letters
- Any standard, out-of-the-box effects included with Adobe After Effects are supported (no custom effects)
All tracking, transformation, and effects will need to be applied to the personalized layer(s) before being submitted to Vidyard. The Vidyard personalization team will not be able to manually track the personalized layer(s).
After Effects Project Layout
It is important that the Adobe After Effects project follows these guidelines:
- Main video/audio file flattened to an .mov/.mp4 on the bottom layer with personalized layers above
- Pre-compose the main flattened video layer and name the composition "VIDEO"
- Name the main composition "MASTER"
- Name the After Effects file "Project template.aep"
- IMPORTANT: ensure composition and source files are set to 1280x720p (any framerate is fine up-to 30fps)
- Remove any unused assets from the bin
- Remove any unused layers from the MASTER composition
The final videos will be encoded as H.264/AAC videos, 1280x720 at up to 30 FPS.