Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
Vidyard allows you to make several updates to videos in your account, including the option to change the video thumbnail, add tags for categorization, and create video captions.
You can also trim videos from directly inside Vidyard.
Whenever you trim a video, you can either:
- Create a new video entirely, keeping the original copy in your library for future use; or,
- Replace the original video with the changes that you've made.
This article explains how to trim a video if you belong to an account with a paid subscription to Vidyard. Learn how to trim a video with a free account.
- You must belong to a role with the Edit Players permission enabled
Select a video
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Videos
- Hover over the video that your want to edit, then click on Trim
Trim your video
The Trim feature is optimized for use in Chome, Safari, and Firefox. Some aspects of the feature may not work as intended in other browsers.
- Click and drag the ends of the video to the location where you want to apply the trim
- If necessary, enter a timecode to trim at a precise moment (the timecode is specified in hours:minutes:seconds:milliseconds)
- Select Preview to view your changes
- Click Save or Save and Replace to finish
- Save will create a entirely new video, keeping the original copy unchanged in your library and any players that it belongs to
- Save and Replace will overwrite the original video with the changes you've made
- Vidyard will begin to process your newly trimmed video
- Select Video details to manage the video, change the name, description, add tags, etc