The GoVideo chrome extension allows for you to either delete a video from the Videos feed or from its sharing page.
You may, however, encounter the following error when attempting to delete a video. This error occurs when the player being deleted contains a video or videos that also exist in another player.
For example: if you create a brand new video and insert it into a Gmail or Outlook compose window, that video now exists in two separate players and cannot be deleted from the GoVideo Sharing Page or the Chrome extension's Videos Feed.
- The 1st player was created when the GoVideo Sharing Page loaded your new recording.
- The 2nd player was created when the video(s) were inserted into an email client's compose window. The act of combining videos from your GoVideo library and inserting them into a compose window creates a new, separate player.
Delete the player from within the Vidyard platform:
- Log in to the Vidyard platform with your GoVideo account.
- If your account is part of a GoVideo Enterprise organization, you may have access to other groups and assets within the Vidyard platform. Ensure you toggle into your personal GoVideo account (Group > Change Group > select personal account - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identify the player that you want to delete and select the red trashcan
Note: deleting a player from your GoVideo account does not also delete the videos that it contains