Form IDs ensure that the information viewers provide through lead capture forms (email gates) become associated with identified viewers in Vidyard. Vidyard will use the following IDs for identification: email, first-name, last-name, and company. Using any or all of these will ensure that the information provided by your viewers in a lead capture form are added to identified Vidyard contacts.
- From the Dashboard menu, select Events.
- Select + New Event.
- Note that if you want to edit an existing event, find it in the event list below and select Edit.
- Select the type of event you want to create, and click Create.
- Choose the Event Builder, and then choose Form.
- Fill in the Field names that you want to be displayed on your form, and add corresponding IDs. In order for the data to be associated with Vidyard viewers, make sure to use email and some or all of first-name, last-name, and company as your IDs. Add as many fields as you want - these will be recognized as 'unstructured data' in reports. The field names don't need to match the IDs, for example, you could use "School" as the Field, but use company as the corresponding ID.
- The Value field is also optional, and allows you to provide a default value in a form field that the viewer can choose to use or change as they wish.
For more information about ways to identify your viewers, check out our article Identify your viewers.
For more information about Vidyard contacts, check out our article Introducing the contacts centre.