Welcome to GoVideo Enterprise, the simplest way to record video, track engagement, and make a personal connection with your contacts, prospects, and colleagues.
Whether you are a free user upgrading to our Enterprise solution or new to GoVideo entirely, this guide is intended to help you get started—from set up, to using GoVideo, and beyond.
The most important thing to remember is that GoVideo is an ecosystem, a video recording, sharing and engagement tool that exists across a suite of partner integrations and apps. Your video library follows you everywhere.
- An invitation to GoVideo Enterprise from your Vidyard admin
- Double check any additional technical requirements for specific GoVideo integrations:
Step 1: Accept your invitation to GoVideo Enterprise
Users of GoVideo will receive an email invitation to join GoVideo Enterprise from their Vidyard administrator. The invitation will appear in your inbox from "Vidyard Team" (email@example.com).
Accepting the invitation offers you access to enterprise-level GoVideo features. In addition to recording and sharing video content, you'll have the ability to:
- Access shared video content
- Push video engagement data to your company's MAP/CRM
- And much more!
Make sure to check your inbox (and spam folder) to accept the invitation.
Install the GoVideo Chrome Extension (if applicable)
The GoVideo Chrome Extension supports and cooperates with the ecosystem of GoVideo-enabled applications.
As GoVideo operates across different host applications and browsers, you may have limited access to some recording options, depending on where and how you use the app. If you are able to use Chrome as a browser, the GoVideo extension offers the full suite of recording options.
In situations where you lack an in-app recording option, use GoVideo extension as the central location for all your video recording activities.
Videos recorded through the extension will subsequently be available in your video library, wherever you sign in.
Step 2: Sign in to GoVideo
- Open the GoVideo application, wherever you may use it.
- Sign in using one of the available options
- Sign in with Email: Sign in with the same email address that was used to accept the Enterprise invitation. Choose "Forgot your password?" to set a password for the account.
- Sign in with Google or Outlook: use an existing social account to authenticate and sign in
Moving from GoVideo Free to Enterprise
Did you have a GoVideo free account before accepting an invitation to GoVideo Enterprise? In order start using enterprise-level features, it may be necessary to sign out of GoVideo and then sign back in.
This is especially important if you were invited to GoVideo Enterprise with the same email address used for your free account. GoVideo must refresh in order for changes to your account to occur.
Sign out of the GoVideo app
- Select the GoVideo dropdown menu in the top, left-hand corner of the app
- Click Sign out
Reload the GoVideo Chrome Extension
- From the Chrome Extension, select the settings gear
- Click Reload
Step 3: Accept any additional invitations to Vidyard sub-groups (if applicable)
Access to shared video content is one of the primary advantages of GoVideo Enterprise.
As part of your company's video strategy, you may be invited to join additional content groups. This means that, in addition to any videos that you create or upload to your GoVideo account, you will also have access to video content from any Vidyard sub-groups to which you have been additionally invited.
When you accept an invitation to a subgroup, you will then be able to access shared content in the GoVideo app through the Groups menu (seen below):
Using the GoVideo app
- Build playlists from your video library
- Use the Groups dropdown to add video assets from across any Vidyard groups to which you have been granted access.
- Use the Selected tab to arrange the order of your selected playlist
- Select the title of any video to preview it in-app.
- Record or upload new videos
- Insert a recording or playlist directly into the text editor of your application
Note: Because the GoVideo exists across different applications and browsers, it also means that recording functionality may differ depending on where you use the application. See our documentation for more information about the GoVideo app's supported functionality by browser.