The Vidyard for Facebook integration makes it easy to share video from Vidyard to pages on your connected Facebook accounts. Once set up, the integration allows users to:
- Share videos to any Facebook page for which the connected account has been designated as an administrator or editor
- Receive video view and engagement data for videos pushed from Vidyard to Facebook pages
Multiple Facebook accounts may be connected to Vidyard at a time.
- The Facebook Integration feature enabled in Vidyard
- Must belong to a role with the Edit Integrations permission enabled
Connect a Facebook account
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Group > Integrations
- Select Facebook, then click Connect a Facebook account
- Facebook will ask you to authorize the Vidyard integration. Review the prompts and allow Vidyard to access and manage the following aspects of your account:
- Your public profile
- Manage your Pages, Publish as Pages you manage, and Access your Page and App insights
Note: you can always review and edit app permissions in Facebook by navigating to Settings > Business Integrations > View and edit.
- If necessary, click Connect another Facebook account to add additional accounts.
Reauthorize the Facebook integration
As May 2018, Facebook has introduced changes to how it handles third-party integration User Access Tokens. Looking to build trust between applications and create stronger integrations with their product, Facebook requires users to renew consent and re-authorize connected apps every 90 days, regardless of use.
Because Vidyard's analytics relies on maintaining a constant connection to properly calculate views per day, it is highly recommended that users refresh the integration on each of their connected accounts prior to the 90-day expiry.
- From the Vidyard dashboard, navigate to the integrations page (Group > Integrations)
- Next to each connected Facebook account that requires renewal, select Refresh Token
- The status field next to each connected account will indicate whether the integration token remains active or has become invalid.