One of the most powerful additions to your marketing campaign will be your usage of video to engage your existing contacts and entice new prospects.
By sending a video email, you can reach out to your leads and contacts directly from Salesforce, and embed a thumbnail link to your video content to create a captivating message.
Just like any email sent from Salesforce, Vidyard emails are tracked in the Activity History of the lead or contact. When the recipient views the player, viewership analytics are captured by Vidyard, fed into Salesforce, and tied directly to the individual recipient.
Add the Send Video Button to page layouts
The Send Video Email button can be added to the page layout for both contacts and leads.
- From the Salesforce dashboard, navigate to the page layout for either leads or contacts
- Click Setup > Customize > Leads or Contacts > Page Layouts, then select Edit next to the applicable layout.
- Under the Buttons list, select the Send Video Email component
- Drag the component to the Custom Buttons location under the Lead Detail section of the layout
Use button to send video email
- Open a Lead or Contact record.
- Click Send Video Email to display the Vidyard application
- Use the interface to compile a video playlist, create new videos and craft a message
- Click Library to access available videos from the Vidyard groups to which you have been added as a user
- Click Create to upload or record a video from your computer
- Selected videos are compiled in a playlist. Use the up and down arrows to arrange the order of your playlist or click the red trash can to remove.
- Click Compose Email to write a message and any CC'ed recipients.
- Use the Preview button to check what your email will look like.
- Optionally, choose Change Layout to reposition the thumbnail in the email message
- Click Send when finished.
Once you have sent your email, viewer data will be recorded when the recipient opens the player from the link in the email. Data for each lead or contact will be available individually within Salesforce and additional data for the player will be available in the Vidyard Analytics Center.