Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
You can easily pull videos from YouTube into your Vidyard account. This feature is advantageous if you want to include content from YouTube in a Vidyard player with other videos. However, there are some limitations associated with this option.
What to expect when adding videos from YouTube
Videos imported from YouTube will behave differently than videos uploaded to Vidyard using a source file.
- No thumbnails will be generated for the video
- The video will retain the YouTube watermark
- No analytics will be received for that into the Vidyard platform
- Existing captions for that video will appear without an option to disable them.
If you have access to the source file for a YouTube video we strongly recommend you upload it directly into Vidyard. Use the Add from YouTube feature only for videos you do not own.
How to Add a video from YouTube
- From the Vidyard Dashboard, click + New Player.
- In the player wizard, click Add from YouTube.
- You can find YouTube videos from inside the Vidyard platform. Search for the video you want. You have three search options:
- Search by video: e.g. "Marketing Handbook"
- Search by userID: e.g. "Vidyard"
- Search by Direct URL to video: " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArrNcp1XmnE"
- If you have linked your YouTube account to Vidyard you will see the option to Search from a Linked account. Select an account from the dropdown.
Note: If any linked accounts in the dropdown menu display a Resync Required message, check out this article for a quick solution.
- Click Search YouTube.
- Click Select beside the video you want to add.
Note: You can add as many videos as you need.
- Your video will import and appear in Currently Selected Videos, and it will also be added to your video library.
- Click Save if you want to add the video to a new player. If you don't want to create a new player with this video, click X to close the player wizard.
Note: After you record a video you will see the encoding screen for a few minutes while Vidyard makes sure your video will be playable across many devices.
- Your video is now in your Vidyard account and can be found in your video library.