Some common fixes to resolve problems with video quality 🔧
There are a number of reasons why a recording may appear choppy, laggy or have audio/video fall out of sync. Below are some simple steps that you can take to help avoid this problem and improve the quality of your recording.
If you’re recording with the Vidyard browser extension, desktop app, or from your library on vidyard.com, you can also try using Lite Recording mode.
Common fixes to improve your recordings
Each of the following recommendations are designed to reduce the CPU load on your computer. CPU load is the amount of resources being used by your computer to process and run multiple apps or programs at the same time.
A lower CPU load should help to produce a smoother recording.
|Try the following tips!💡|
Enable Lite Recording mode
Lite Recording mode uses an alternative encoding method that is less demanding on devices with lower processing power.
If Vidyard detects that your device may not be able to create a smooth recording (2 or less CPU cores), we’ll automatically enable Lite Recording on your behalf. You can also turn the setting ON or OFF as needed.
- Open the browser extension or desktop app
- Click on the Settings icon (⚙️)
- Make sure Enable Lite Recording is turned ON
- Sign in to your Vidyard account
- Select New > Record Video in the top right-hand corner
- Choose Camera to record, then make sure Enable Lite Recording is turned ON