A crucial part of troubleshooting involves gathering information about your computer and browser environment such as the current version of your operating system, browser & extension.
Finding your Chrome browser version
- Open a new tab in Chrome and type the following text into the URL address bar
- Press Enter. You will then be shown a new page that looks like the following:
- At the top of that page look for two main pieces of information
- "Google Chrome: [version number]
- "OS: [type of operating system]
Note: The GoVideo extension is only compatible with Chrome Browser versions 50 and higher. Please see the following section below, to ensure your Chrome browser is up-to-date.
Checking if your Chrome browser is updated
- Click the three dots on the top right of the browser
- Select 'Help'
Select 'About Google Chrome'
On the new page that opens up, Chrome will display its version number, and it will update automatically if a new version is available and automatic updates are turned on.
Finding your GoVideo extension's version
- Right-click the GoVideo Extension icon that appears in the top-right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Select Manage Extensions to view the version number