The GoVideo for Outlook (COM add-in) generally requires access to the same Outlook resources as other add-ins (for example, browser display within the side panel, access to the send button, modification of hyperlinks, etc). Conflicts can arise when multiple add-ins attempt to utilize the same Outlook resources.
For this reason, it is highly recommended that that customer who is able to support the use of Office 365 web apps take advantage of the GoVideo for Outlook (Office 365) integration. The GoVideo for Outlook COM add-in is intended as a solution for customers who, due to technical limitations, cannot support web apps through Office 365.
This article provides an indication of where conflicts between COM add-ins may arise. It outlines the various resources that COM add-ins might share in Outlook 2013/2016. It also gives some basic troubleshooting steps.
Shared COM add-in resources
GoVideo interface and display
Add-ins that utilize the same browser resource to display their application can cause issues with the GoVideo add-in interface.
GoVideo uses the Chromium browser to log into your organization's group and deliver your video content to Outlook. Add-ins that also require the Chromium browser resource may either encounter a problem with their own interface or cause problems with the GoVideo display.
Common problems include:
- misalignment of buttons
- freezing or lag
- application crashes
- problems using add-in functionality
GoVideo hyperlinks and query strings
Add-ins that modify links placed within the Outlook email compose window may conflict with GoVideo. In particular, add-ins that replace GoVideo's hyperlink and query tag with their own will prevent GoVideo from redirecting viewers to the video sharing page or identify and track viewers.
In order for the GoVideo for Outlook integration to function properly, you should ensure that:
- You are using the supported Outlook versions and system requirements
- That other Outlook add-ins will not conflict with the GoVideo functionality.
The GoVideo for Outlook COM add-in has the following requirements:
- A supported version of Windows 7-10 (v.1703+)
- Outlook 2013 or 2016 only
- Internet Explorer 11
Investigating compatibility issues
If you see any issues with either your current set of add-ins or with the GoVideo add-in, please follow the steps below in order to narrow down which add-ins are causing a conflict.
- Inside Outlook, click File > Options
- Click Add-ins, then Go... to reveal a list of available add-ins.
- In the add-ins list you will see either ViewedIt for Outlook or GoVideo for Outlook. Make sure it is disabled.
- Go through the list and uncheck all other add-ins and then restart Outlook
- Ensure GoVideo is working without other add-ins enabled. Then, one-by-one, incrementally enable the other add-ins to narrow down which add-in(s) are conflicting with GoVideo.
- Contact Vidyard Support and report the conflict. This information will be valuable for improving the functionality of the product and prevent future compatibility problems.