Adding external Salesforce users allows you to give a set of Salesforce users access to the Vidyard application within the Salesforce platform. These users will only be able to use Vidyard within Salesforce.
- Vidyard for Salesforce Integration connected.
- The Salesforce profile needs either a profile or permission set configured in Salesforce (Manage Apps > Connected Apps > Vidyard).
- Your Vidyard account must have the Custom Roles feature. To obtain this feature, contact your Vidyard Account Manager.
Here are the steps to add External Salesforce users:
- From inside the Vidyard dashboard, click the Group menu, then click Groups and Users.
- Click Manage Users.
- Scroll to the External Salesforce Users section.
- Click Add Salesforce Users and then select the Salesforce profile assigned to the users you would like to have access to Vidyard in Salesforce.
- Click Add All Users. You will see a notification that the Salesforce sync is underway.
- Once the Sync is complete you will receive an email from email@example.com with the results
eg. firstname.lastname@example.org: Success
- Vidyard will sync users from the selected profile with Salesforce daily. The owner of the group will be emailed if there are any users added or deleted from the assigned Salesforce profile.
If you have questions about any Salesforce users that were not synced please email email@example.com.