You may have a requirement to place your GoVideo content into a Video Hub on one of your groups.
Players can be added to a video hub by two different methods:
- You can choose specific players to add to a category in your hubs
- You can pull players into a hub category that have had specific tags applied to videos within that player. (For example, players with videos that contain the tag "Marketing" will be pulled into the hub category when you select that tag)
Important note: You can only use the tag method to add content to a hub category if you are pulling content from within the same group where the video hub exists.
There are a few options that may suit your use case.
- If you have an existing hub in the parent group of your organization, edit the Video Hub and create a new category for your players
- When creating a new category, select the Choose Specific Players option to manually add the GoVideo players of your choice.
- The players need to be added manually. Because your GoVideo players are part of a sub-group, they cannot be added to the Hub using any tags that you may already have in place.
- You can also choose to manually duplicate the videos from your GoVideo group into the group where the Video Hub is located.
- You can then use your existing tags to have them added to the hub automatically.
- You will notice that "Vidyard GoVideo" is an automatic tag that can be used to build the category.
3. Create a Video Hub directly from your GoVideo group. This is the quickly and most effective method of getting every video created into a hub using the tag method.
Note: The issue you may have here is that only one person's GoVideo group would be able to have the hub. Therefore, this will restrict the addition of videos from other GoVideo subgroups.
If you wish to have a hub setup in this manner, please contact your Customer Success Manager.