Vidyard and Salesforce have partnered to provide a secure video layer within both Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Chatter. This document provides an overview of the technologies and logic used to provide secure creation and access of video content.
Both Vidyard and Salesforce offer a multi-user account model with multiple user accounts sharing access to a single corporate account.
When integrating Vidyard with Salesforce, there is a one-to-one relationship between a Vidyard account and a Salesforce account.
A Vidyard/Salesforce administrator can establish this one-to-one link from inside the Vidyard dashboard using Connect to Salesforce. This connection uses OAuth to provide the Vidyard application with access to specific areas of the Salesforce account required for the integration.
Once a one-to-one relationship is established between the Salesforce and Vidyard organizations, each Salesforce user is given access to Vidyard through one of two account types:
- Criteria: Salesforce users whose email address in Salesforce matches the email address of a user in the associated Vidyard account.
- Access to Vidyard dashboard: Access to the Vidyard dashboard using their Vidyard credentials, or Single Sign-On through Salesforce
- Access to Vidyard assets in Salesforce: Can view and share all video assets in the Vidyard account.
- Criteria: Salesforce users whose Salesforce account is connected to Vidyard, but do not have an active Vidyard account.
- Access to Vidyard dashboard: None
- Access to Vidyard Assets in Salesforce: Only assets this particular user has created. No access to other assets from the Vidyard account
When a Salesforce user accesses a Vidyard service within Salesforce, the Salesforce servers send a signed request to Vidyard. The request is decrypted and validated before giving the user access to the requested content.
Access to Viewing Videos
Vidyard offers a secure solution to sharing and viewing video within Salesforce Chatter. All videos uploaded to Chatter are flagged as restricted to Chatter. This enables a security control, which prevents the video from being viewed outside of your Chatter environment. Vidyard users have access to modify this setting within Chatter or the Vidyard dashboard, but Vidyard guests cannot modify this setting. Their content is always restricted.
Vidyard secures access to videos in the Chatter feed using Salesforce signed requests. When a Chatter user sees a video post, they can click the feed item to view the video. This triggers Salesforce to send a signed request to the Vidyard infrastructure requesting access to the video content. Vidyard validates the structure of the signed request and only then responds with the active video player. All videos that are “Restricted to Chatter” must complete this signed request step prior to displaying the video content.