The Vidyard for YouTube integration allows you to push videos to your connected YouTube channels.
When you push a video to YouTube, Vidyard will upload a copy of the video to your channel and link the two videos together.
The integration then allows you to receive view counts in Vidyard for linked videos on your YouTube channels. YouTube view counts are reported on the View Locations widget in the Insights Dashboard.
- Your account must have the YouTube Push feature enabled
- You must connect Vidyard to a YouTube account
- You must belong to a role with the View Player Insights permission enabled
What data does Vidyard receive from YouTube?
You will receive view counts in Vidyard for any video pushed to your YouTube channel(s).
When available, YouTube view counts can be found in the View Locations widget in the Insights Dashboard.
YouTube releases viewership data with a delay of at least 4 days. It may take some time for updated information to appear in Vidyard. You can also view your YouTube Analytics in the YouTube Analytics Center.
Learn more about how YouTube counts views.
Review your YouTube view counts in Vidyard
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Insights > Dashboard
- Find views from YouTube in the View Locations widget
- The View Locations widget shows aggregate data for the videos in your Vidyard group (or, if in the parent group, for the entire account).
- You can also filter to see view counts for a specific video