Placing a watermark on an image or video is a common practice when it comes to branding your assets. A subtle watermark in the corner reminds the viewer where the content comes from and can serve as a link to your homepage or even more content.
Vidyard allows you to add a custom watermark to all of your players.
Note: Remember that a brand watermark will appear on all current and future players. To keep your players loading as quickly as possible, try to keep your image to under 100KB in size.
- You must belong to a role with the Edit Player Style & Restrictions permission enabled
Add a watermark
Watermarks are applied as a default setting to each group within a Vidyard organization. This allows you the flexibility to have a different watermark for different groups of content.
Make sure to change into the specific group that contains the content you want to watermark (Select Change Group from the Vidyard dashboard to switch).
- From the Content menu, click Defaults.
- Click the Watermarks tab.
- Click + Upload Watermark.
- Select a file from your computer and click Open.
- Click to select the corner of the player where you want the logo to appear.
- Use the Size and Opacity sliders to adjust the look of the watermark.
- Use the Horizontal and Vertical padding sliders to adjust the positioning of the watermark.
- Optionally, provide a URL if you want a webpage to open when the watermark is clicked.
- Toggle Always Visible to OFF if you want the watermark to be visible only when the viewer’s mouse hovers over the player.
- If you want to preview the changes, click Preview Changes.
- Click Save.