Important: The same player can now be embedded multiple times on a webpage using the newest version of the embed code (4.0). If you do not have the new embed feature enabled, contact your customer success manager.
Vidyard does not currently support embedding the same player multiple times on a single web page. Having two of the same player on your webpage may result in an inaccurate data transfer and poor analytics.
If you try to embed the same player twice, you may receive the the following error: "Console log error: Duplicate Embedded Players Detected. Vidyard only supports embedding the same player once in a page."
But don't worry we have a workaround on how to make this possible in your end without affecting any data or analytics.
You have two options, depending on your situation:
- Create a new player that will have the same video(s)
- Analytics and data will be separate for each player
- Use iframe to embed the same player into a single webpage
- All analytics and data will be associated with the same player
- If you are integrated with a marketing automation platform (MAP), the iframe will not be able to communicate with it. For more information consult the support page to ensure that your embed type can communicate with your MAP(s)
Watch the following playlist to review the steps to accomplish each of these options: