Note: the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new documentation for up-to-date information.
When you have linked your YouTube account to your Vidyard account you can sync videos between Vidyard and YouTube. This allows you to sync videos, metadata, thumbnails, captions, and other settings between Vidyard and YouTube. If you receive an error message about syncing captions between Vidyard and YouTube, this article will help you fix the issue.
- You see a Resync Required message when adding a video from YouTube.
- You receive a message indicating that "Captions must be enabled through YouTube Integrations" when syncing a Vidyard video to a YouTube video.
In order to sync captions properly you will need to re-sync your YouTube Integration.
- In the Group menu, click Integrations.
- Scroll to the Integrations section and click YouTube.
- The account(s) which need to be re-synced will have a Resync button next to them. Click Resync.
- If needed, sign into your YouTube account.
- Click Allow.
- If Vidyard requests any other permissions, click Allow.
Done! Your Vidyard and YouTube accounts should now be able to sync captions.