When a player first loads it is displayed as a thumbnail image on your website. This graphic acts like an ad for the video—it represents the content of the video and entices the viewer to click play. A great thumbnail can have a big impact on your clickthrough rate (how many people click on the video).
Vidyard lets you upload an image or select a frame from your video to use as a thumbnail. But if you really want to up the ante, Vidyard supports A/B split testing for different thumbnails so that can determine which image will make the biggest impact.
Set a player thumbnail
- From the Vidyard Dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover your cursor over a player and click Thumbnail
- Select a thumbnail from the available images
- Choose from a list of pre-generated thumbnails; or
- Click + Upload New or choose to one of your own
- Click Save Changes when complete.
Tip: you can create additional thumbnails (either as static images or gifs) from the videos included in your player. These will subsequently appear under Uploaded Thumbnails as further image options.