Note:the following article describes features and workflows related to the Legacy Vidyard Experience. Refer to our new articles for up-to-date information.
If you encounter the Error message below while adding a caption, it means that the contents of your uploaded file do not meet SRT format standards.
To resolve this error, simply revise your SRT file to conform to these guidelines:
- A numeric counter identifying each sequential subtitle.
- The time that the subtitle should appear on the screen, followed by --> and the time it should disappear.
- Subtitle text itself on one or more lines.
- A single blank line containing no text, indicating the end of this subtitle.
- Saved with UTF-8 encoding.
Note: Your SRT upload will fail if there are any additional blank lines between subtitle entries.