A sharing page allows you to deliver videos on a dedicated, branded, and distraction-free page. Depending on your intended audience, you can also manage access to videos on your sharing page with Single Sign On (SSO).
There are two steps required in order to secure a video on a sharing page:
- Configure SSO on the folder(s) that contain the players you want to secure.
- If any folders in your account inherit the sharing page from the parent folder, your SSO configuration will inherit as well. This allows you to flexibility to decide whether some or all player(s) within a folder should be secured.
- Secure the player(s) that you want users to access through SSO.
- Players can be secured individually or across a folder as a default setting.
- You must belong to a team with the Edit Branded Sharing Pages permission enabled
- The domain for your sharing page must use either a unique Vidyard subdomain or a custom CNAME. The Default Subdomain (share.vidyard.com) cannot be used with SSO.
Open your sharing page settings
Use the Change Folder button to ensure you're in the folder with the sharing page that you want to edit.
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Channel > Sharing Page
- Select Edit to open the sharing page settings
Configure an SSO profile
The set up process for SSO will differ depending on your Identity Provider (IdP). In all cases, however, the process requires you to provide your IdP with several SAML URLs from Vidyard in exchange for an X.509 Certification and an Endpoint URL.
Contact your IdP if you need help understanding which SAML endpoints are required from Vidyard.
- Under the Security section, click on Change
- Select Single Sign On (SSO) users, then click Update
- Select Add Profile
- Provide your IdP with the relevant SAML URLs from Vidyard
- Note that only some URLs may be required, depending on your IdP. In other cases, all URLs may be required.
- Obtain the X.509 Certificate and SAML Endpoint URL from your IdP and enter them into the fields provided in Vidyard.
- Click Save Changes
Choose which players to secure
Secure an individual player
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover over the player that you want to secure, then click Security
- Under Secure Platform Whitelist, ensure that Restrict to secure platforms is checked
- Click Save
Secure players as a default setting
If you require all players within a folder to be secured, you can enable secure players as a default setting.
- If players are secured as a default at the parent folder, this behavior will inherit to all newly created players in other folders as well.
- Alternatively, you can secure players as a default setting only in the folders for which it is required.
- And remember, changes to default player settings apply to all newly created players going forward. Changes to existing players will have to be applied manually.