Pushing your videos to YouTube allows you to have a searchable presence on one of the world's top search engines. Use the Push to YouTube function to publish individual videos from Vidyard to your various YouTube channels.
- The Vidyard for YouTube integration
- Be a user with the Push to YouTube permission enabled
Find the video you want to push
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Videos (all of your uploaded videos are available here)
- Hover over the video that you want to push, then click Settings
Push the video to YouTube
- Open the Advanced menu and click Push to YouTube
- Use the YouTube Sync lightbox to configure the following options:
- Youtube Channel: select the channel that you want to push to
- Category: choose the YouTube category to which your video belongs
- Video privacy: manage the privacy setting of your video for YouTube
- Embed: determine whether your video can be re-embedded by viewers
- Schedule Push: choose when the video will push to your chosen channel
- Click Push Video when finished
Manage synced video attributes
Videos pushed from Vidyard to YouTube will sync Video Attributes (such as name, description, tags, privacy and embed settings), Thumbnail, and Captions.
It is recommended to choose which aspects of your video you want to sync before pushing to YouTube. For example, if the setting for captions is disabled after a video has been pushed to YouTube, captions will remain but no longer continue to update.
- Scroll to the bottom of the video Settings page
- Under Push Settings for All Channels, ensure that the desired push settings for your video are selected
- You may also use this opportunity to monitor the sync status of the video on different channels. Select the Options menu to access addition sync settings.