The Vidyard for YouTube integration allows you to push individual videos to a connected YouTube channel.
When you Push to YouTube, Vidyard will upload a copy of the video to your YouTube channel and link the two videos together.
Any updates made to the video attributes, thumbnail or captions in Vidyard will be copied to YouTube. You will also receive view counts in Vidyard for videos pushed to your YouTube channels.
Looking to push a playlist of videos instead? Learn how to push a playlist to YouTube.
- Your account must have the YouTube push feature enabled
- You must connect a YouTube channel to Vidyard
- Belong to a role with the Push to YouTube permission enabled
Push a video to your channel
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Videos (all of your uploaded videos are available here)
- Hover over the video that you want to share, then click Settings
- Scroll down to the YouTube section, then click Push to this Channel next to the channel to which you want the share your video
- Make sure to update the Push Settings for your video. These options ensure that any time the video is updated in Vidyard, the changes are also applied to YouTube.
- Choose a category, select a privacy setting, and schedule when to push your video
- Learn more about YouTube privacy options
- Click Push Video
Manage synced video attributes
Videos pushed from Vidyard to YouTube will sync Video Attributes (such as name, description, tags, privacy and embed settings), Thumbnail, and Captions.
It is recommended to choose which aspects of your video you want to sync before pushing to YouTube. For example, if the setting for captions is disabled after a video has been pushed to YouTube, captions will remain on the video in YouTube but no longer continue to update.
- Scroll to the bottom of the video Settings page
- Under Push Settings for All Channels, select the video attributes that you want to sync
- You may also use this opportunity to monitor the sync status of the video on different channels. Select the Options menu to access addition sync settings.