You are trying to download the Add-in and you get an error that says Visual Studio Tools for Office Solution Installer can't be found.
You have received an error message stating that the system cannot find the file specified.
Visual Studio Tools is unable to be downloaded or found by our Outlook installer and requires a manual download.
- Download Visual Studio Tools separately
- Run our Vidyard for Outlook Add-in
Manually Installing VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office)
The add-in installation may fail when installing the Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), which is required to run the Microsoft Outlook add-in. Normally, VSTO is installed if necessary during add-in installation; however, sometimes installing VSTO manually may help.
If you already have VSTO installed, or are not sure, you will want to remove the existing installation first. Follow these instructions:
- Save all open work and completely close Microsoft Outlook if you have it open.
- Open the Add or Remove Programs dialog in the Windows Control Panel.
- In this dialog, locate the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office item. Once clicked, an Uninstall link should appear in the toolbar above the listing. Click this to uninstall VSTO. If you do not see this item, VSTO is not installed and you can proceed with the installation instructions below.
Visual Studio Tools for Office setup can be downloaded directly from Microsoft. Click the Download button on this page to download the vstor_redist.exe file to your computer. Once this file is downloaded, run the installer.