As part of the Vidyard for Marketo data integration, you can create and assign Marketo forms to your videos natively from within Vidyard.
- Utilize the power of your Marketo forms directly within the Vidyard Events Library
- Use the options available in Vidyard to configure the behavior of your Marketo form
- Assign the form to videos within your group or as a default event
To get started, all you need is your Marketo form ID and Server Name.
- The Vidyard for Marketo integration
- Marketo form ID and Server Name
- The video that contains the Marketo form must be embedded on a webpage with a Marketo tracking script in order for the data to pass between the two platforms.
Create a Marketo Form
- From the Vidyard dashboard, navigate to the Event Library (Content > Events)
- Click + New Event
- From the Event Type menu, select Marketo Form > Create
- You will need to login to Marketo to obtain your Marketo Form ID and Server Name. Both of these can be found in your Marketo Form Embed Code. You can find this by selecting the form you want to embed, and then choosing Form Actions > Embed Code.
- Your Marketo Form ID is a numeric value found after <form id="mktoForm_.
- Your Marketo Server Name is found between // and .marketo.com.
- Enter your Marketo Server Name and Marketo Form ID into the required fields, then click Apply.
- Provide your event with a name and description. Use these fields to indicate what the event does and when it should be used.
- Use the Advanced Options toggles to determine how the Marketo form will behave.
Note: Using a Marketo form will not suggest that the lead was created by Vidyard.
Assign the Marketo Form to a video(s)
- Click Save, then select the Assign button to apply the form to your video(s)
- Here you can choose to which video(s) the Marketo form should be applied
- Decide if the form should act as default event and apply to all current and newly created players within your organization
- Determine the moment at which the Marketo form should appear in your video
- Click + Add Video to begin assigning your event
- Events can be applied to to any video within your group. Click the + button to assign to a video.
- Videos are organized along the left-hand column according to their players
- Use the search bar to find videos according to player name, video name, or tags
- Determine where the event will appear on your selected videos
- Individual videos: adjust the bar for each video separately to select where the event will appear (choose pre-roll, post-roll or anywhere in between)
- All selected videos: alternatively, enable Apply to All to position the event at the same location across all selected videos
- Default Event: apply the event as a default to all videos within your group.
- Click Save to finish.
Note: Modifications to form design and layout are best handled from within the Marketo form editor.
To see your Marketo form in action, open the sharing page for a player that contains a video to which the event has been assigned.