A domain whitelist allows you to control on what domains an embedded player can be watched. If someone embeds a player outside your list of authorized domain locations, playback will be restricted.
Domain whitelists are applied to individual players in your library.
- You must belong to a role with the Edit Player Style & Restrictions permission enabled
Select a player from your library
- From the Vidyard dashboard, select Content > Players
- Hover over to the player to which you want to add a domain whitelist, then click on Security
Add a domain whitelist
You can add as many domains to your list of authorized embedded locations as you want.
https:// will be matched. References to domains with and without www. will also be matched.
To include all subdomains on a website, use a wildcard asterisk:
- Under the Restrictions tab enter a domain name
- Click Add
Optional: disable the player sharing page
By default, the domain for your player sharing page is automatically whitelisted (whether it uses a Vidyard subdomain or your own CNAME).
- Un-check the Enable Sharing Page box to disable the player's sharing page.
- As a result, the sharing page cannot be accessed or shared to potentially unauthorized viewers.
- Click Save when complete.
You can also turn off the Social Sharing options on the player. This prevents viewers from re-sharing your videos on a restricted domain where playback will fail.