Before a video plays it displays a thumbnail image on your website.
Thumbnails let you choose what image you would like to show before the play button has been selected.
Setting a thumbnail on a player can be done in three ways. You can either:
- Choose a pre-generated thumbnail from Vidyard
- Upload an image from your computer
- Choose a frame from your Video
The first and second options are very common for selecting a thumbnail. This article explains how to perform the third option.
- From the Vidyard dashboard, hover your cursor over a player, then select Video(s). This will display all videos within the player.
- Select Edit next to the video from which you would like to create a thumbnail.
- Choose a thumbnail to add to your library
- Select Thumbnails from the horizontal menu at the top of the screen
- Use of the scroll bar to select a frame from your video to turn into a thumbnail
- Choose Add to Library once you've reached a frame that you like. The image will take a few moments to encode.
- Click the Back tab to return to the player to which the video belongs.
- Select Thumbnail, then under Uploaded Thumbnails, choose the image that you generated from the video.
- Select the image, then click Save Changes
A message will display at the top of the screen indicating that your thumbnail settings have successfully saved.