With the addition of rich publishing functionality in Salesforce Lightning Communities, we've extended the ecosystem of Vidyard-enabled apps into the hands of your community members.
Use the Vidyard Rich Publisher app to facilitate a deeper interaction between Lightning Community members. Bring posts to life by creating new recordings from directly within the text editor or by sharing existing video content from your library.
This article contains both the link to install the Vidyard Rich Publisher app as well as instructions on how to enable the app in your Lightning Communities.
- You must have a Salesforce Lightning Community that supports rich publisher applications
- Your Lightning Community must use the Feed Publisher component as part of the layout
- Salesforce permissions to install packages
- Although Lightning Communities and the Salesforce Lightning Experience use the same underlying framework, they are not dependent upon one another. Lightning Communities utilize lightning components to build out-of-the-box layouts and templates. They do not require use of the CRM Lightning Experience. Please refer to Salesforce documentation for further information.
- The Vidyard Rich Publisher app is not supported in Lightning Communities on mobile (the app will be available on mobile in the Salesforce Winter 2019 Release).
Install and enable the Vidyard app
- Install the Vidyard Rich Publisher package into Salesforce
- If prompted, log in to Salesforce
- Select Install for All Users, then Install
- Enable the Vidyard Rich Publisher app for your Lightning Community
- From the Salesforce Classic dashboard, select Setup > Customize > Communities > All Communities
- Select Workspaces next to the Lightning Community for which you want the app enabled
- Click on Administration > Rich Publisher Apps
- Select and move Vidyard Rich Publisher from the list of available apps into the Selected Apps column
- Click Save
Note: The Vidyard Rich Publisher app must be enabled for each Lightning Community in which you intend for it to be used.
Using the Vidyard rich publisher app
Click on the Camera Icon in your Lightning Community feed to launch the Vidyard app. If prompt, log in to the application or create an account
- Click on New Video to create a recording
- Options include: Upload a video from your computer, Camera Only or Screen Recording
- Recording options are dependent upon the Vidyard app's supported browser functionality
- Select one or more videos from your existing library
- If you are part of a paid subscription for larger teams, toggle between groups to combine videos from across your company's departments, teams, and use cases.
- Click Insert to post into the Lightning Community Feed